This tutorial shows you how to route Scaler 2 to another virtual instrument in Studio One:
To control external instruments within Cubase you must use Scaler 2 as a VST plugin and route Scaler’s MIDI output onto the track of the instrument you wish to control.
- Load Scaler 2 VST onto an instrument track and the instrument you wish to control on a second track.
- Drag the track window down to show all the MIDI selection boxes.
- In the MIDI input section, select Scaler 2 as the “Instrument Input” and select MIDI Output 1 as the “Instrument Channel”.
- Arm Scaler 2 track so it receives MIDI from your controller and turn on the monitoring on the controlled track.
- Scaler 2 MIDI output is now routed to your instrument.