Scaler 2 can only be activated by importing the scaler2.license file into the plugin. You will not be able to open the license file by double-clicking to open as an application.
If you try to open the scaler2.license by double-clicking and opening as an application, you will see the following error messages:
Please use this guide to activate Scaler 2:
1. Download your scaler2.license file from your User Account.
2. Open Scaler 2 within your DAW.
The license registration window should appear when you first launch Scaler 2 however if it doesn't, please click on the scaler logo on the top left of the window:
3. Click 'Register a license file'.
4. Navigate to the location that your scaler2.license file was saved to and select the file and click 'Open'.
Important note: Scaler 2 can only be activated using this method - you will not be able to open the license file with any application.
5. Enter the email address which is associated with your Plugin Boutique account > Click 'OK'.
Important note: You will need to manually type your Plugin Boutique registered email address all in lower-case characters to activate Scaler 2.
Scaler is now activated and ready to be used in your DAW!