If you are having issues with your plugin not working or not showing up in your DAW, this can be for a number of reasons. We recommend completing the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Double-check that the product you purchased is compatible with your operating system and DAW.
We recommend going back to check the System Requirements section on the product page. We try to list as much information about a product's compatibility on our product pages. The information you will need to look for will be towards the bottom of the product page and will look like this:
(Nectar 3 Elements is used as an example)
If you are confused about what plugin format your DAW uses, we recommend having a read of this article.
If you are not sure what version of macOS or Windows you are running please use the following guides:
2. Re-download and re-install your purchase.
Quite often a plugin can't be found because of an interrupted download causing it to not install correctly, because of this we recommend re-downloading and re-installing the product.
Whenever possible we recommend using a download manager to help stabilise and speed up the download.
If you are using a WiFI connection we also recommend changing to a wired connection while downloading.
3. Restart your system
Once you have completed step 2 and re-downloaded and re-installed the plugin we ask that you restart your computer. A restart is often required because the task of replacing files cannot be done when they are being used by the operating system or other applications.
4. Rescan within your DAW
Please open up your DAW after the restart and if the plugin is still not showing please rescan for the plugin within your DAW.
5. Check to see if the plugin is present with your system files
We recommend that you check to see if the plugin is showing up in your default/custom plugin folder after installation.
For Windows users we recommend checking the following system folders:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
32-bit VST3 plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2
32-bit plug-ins on 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins
- Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (AU)
- Macintosh HD:/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ (VST)
- Macintosh HD:/Users/[Your Username]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (AU)
- Macintosh HD:/Users/[Your Username]/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/ (VST)
- VST2 - Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST
- VST2 - Rarely used: Users/your username/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST
- VST3 - Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3
- VST3 - Rarely used: Users/your username/Library/Audio/Plug-ins/VST3