If you are having issues with your serial not working, this can be for a number of reasons. We recommend completing the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Make sure you are entering the correct code in the correct place.
At Plugin Boutique, sometimes we will issue you with a redeem or voucher code rather than a serial code. Often these codes will need to be entered a redemption area on a manufacturer's site rather than directly into a plugin. Please make sure to follow the installation instructions in your account carefully to ensure that you are entering the correct code in the correct place.
You can access your installation instructions from your My Products page and selecting the Installation Instructions button or selecting Installation Instructions from the View Documents drop-down:
2. Try entering your code manually
Sometimes an issue with a serial can be caused by formatting. By typing your code in you can ensure that no strange formatting errors are occurring.
3. Check if you are running any software that may interrupt the plugin's connection
Sometimes, security and firewall software and VPNs can block a plugin from connecting with the manufacturer's server during registration, which can cause the registration to fail. We recommend that you try temporarily disabling this software and attempt the registration again.
If you need help with disabling your built-in firewall software, please select the following guides:
4. Contact our support team
If none of the suggestions above has worked, please contact our support team by submitting a support ticket here and please be sure to send us the following details:
- Screenshots showing what happens when you try to enter your serial, showing any error messages you're receiving.
- Your order number. You can find your order number here.
- The DAW and what version you're using
- The operating and version number that you're using